The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) was established in 1963 to look after the uninterrupted education of students of transferable central government or PSU employees in India including the defense and paramilitary personnel. KVS was instituted under the Indian Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) and his among the largest chain of primary and secondary education schools in the world. KVS was earlier known as “Central Schools” and later the name was changed to “Kendriya Vidyalaya”. All the schools operating under KVS are affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The main objective of this group of institutions is to provide its students with excellent educational facilities even if their parents undergo location transfers according to the requirement of their service with the government. Presently KVS has about 1,224 Kendriya Vidyalaya’s which are catering to 12,92,767 students from 25 regions of India.
Kendriya Vidyalaya admission 2020-21
The KVS notification for admission to the academic year 2020-21 is likely to be released in the third week of February 2020. Subsequent to the release of the notification, the registration process will begin from the first week of March 2020 and continue for about two weeks. The Kendriya Vidyalaya admissions will begin on April 2020.
KVS Admission Application Form 2020
The Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Form 2020 can be downloaded by visiting their official website kvsangathan.nic.in
Once you are on the home page of the website, search for the KVS Admission Application Form 2020 link and click on it. Then you will be required to choose the class for which you are seeking admission and other details regarding the student. Enter all the required details, upload the student’s latest photo and signature. Now click on the submit button. Once the form is complete take a printout of it and attach all the required documents along with the form. The complete list of documents is given below. After you complete all formalities, you can then submit the application form to the concerned KV, before the last date.
Note: It is important that all the copies that are attached to the form should be attested.
KVS Admission Priority System for Students Seeking KV Admission 2020
Since KVS was established in order to help the children of professionals working in the government or defense sector, they have set certain priorities for admission of students to their KV’s. These priorities are as given below:
- This is followed by children of employees belonging to autonomous bodies or public sector undertakings and institutes of higher learning of the Indian government.
- Subsequent priority is given to the children of State Government employees followed by autonomous bodies, public undertakings, and institutes of higher learning which come under the state government.
- Lastly, priority is given to children belonging to any other category other than that specified above. This also includes children of foreign nationals who have settled in India for their work or otherwise. However, Indian nationality students are preferred over foreign ones.
Note: There is also preference given to students based on the total number of transfers of their parents in the 7 years prior to the admission.
Special Provisions for KVS Admission 2020 over their Priority System
The KVS has made certain exceptions for those students who fall under one or the other of the following criteria. In this cases, it is mandatory for the Kendriya Vidyalaya to accept the students and give them admission over and above the total seats prescribed for the particular class.
- Children and dependent grandchildren of any Member of Parliament.
- Children as well as grandchildren of retired KVS employees.
- The children of employees who have served with the central government and died while still working or active.
- Children whose parents are the recipients of gallantry awards such as Paramveer Chakra, Veer Chakra, Mahavir Chakra, Kirti Chakra, President’s Police Medal for Gallantry, Sena Medal (Army), Rashtrapati Puraskar in Scouts & Guides and other such prestigious awards
- Single girl child (which includes twin girl children also) for admission to Class I.
- Some seats are also to be given to the children of HRD Ministry employees, parents have been posted abroad or returned from their postings abroad, Research and Analysis Wing employees among others
- Children of Armed or Paramilitary forces who have studied in CBSE affiliated schools can be admitted to Kendriya Vidyalaya on account of their parents were transferred to the place or deciding to settle in that particular place.
Kendriya Vidyalaya 2020 Admission Application Fee
It is mandatory for the Kendriya Vidyalaya to make the application forms available to all the students for free. No person from any KV school can charge any fees for an application to a particular Kendriya Vidyalaya.
KVS Admission Eligibility Criteria 2020
The KVS has set out different eligibility criteria for admission to different classes. These are enumerated below:
Student Age Requirement – Class I to Class X
In order to get admitted to the Kendriya Vidyalaya, there has been set certain eligibility criteria with respect to the age of the student and the class in which they will be admitted into. The details for the minimum and maximum age limit for each class is given in the table below.
|Class||Minimum Age (on 31st March of admission year)||Maximum Age (on 31st March of admission year)|
|I||5 years||7 years|
|II||6 years||8 years|
|III||7 years||9 years|
|IV||8 years||10 years|
|V||9 years||11 years|
|VI||10 years||12 years|
|VII||11 years||13 years|
|VIII||12 years||14 years|
|IX||13 years||15 years|
|X||14 years||16 years|
Exception: The principal has the right to relax this age limit by an additional 2 years in the case of differently abled students.
Student Age Requirement – Class XI and Class XII
For admissions, to the further classes such as 11th and 12th standard, the following guidelines have been set
- For a student seeking admission into Class 11, there is no age restriction as such. The only criteria that the student has to meet is that he should take admission for Class XI in the same year in which he has passed Class X.
- For students seeking admission to Class XII, there have been no set lower or upper age limits. The only criteria are that the student should not have a break in study after passing Class XI.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Selection Procedure 2020
The Kendriya Vidyalaya follows different procedures for admissions to different classes in the school. The KV Admission Process 2020 is majorly based on the Priority System that has been followed by all the Kendriya Vidyalaya’s all across the country. They do not conduct any selection tests or entrance exams for admission. Given below are the details for admission to the different classes.
For Admission to Class I
The KV conducts this admission procedure online since the number of applicants is more in comparison to the other classes. The school is required to set up a committee for monitoring the draw of lots. This is so because the admission to Class I is done in two phases. The mandatory requirements to be completed at each phase is as given below:
- Phase 1 – Since 25% of seats are reserved under the RTE Act, the School has to fill in minimum 10 (out of a total of 40) seats from all the applications made under different categories such as SC / ST / EWS / BPL / OBC (Non-Creamy Layer). Hence, the school has to select students based on a lottery system.
- Phase 2 – The remaining 30 seats are then filled through the priority system set by the KVS.
For Admissions to Class II to Class VIII
The students applying for these classes will be admitted based on the priority category system that has been laid down by the KVS. In case there are more applications, than the prescribed number of seats then the admissions are done by draw of lots for each category.
For Admission to Class IX
The KV conducts a selection test which is followed by a declaration of a merit list. This merit list is prepared according to the priority category system followed by the KVS for which category. Admission is then granted based on both the merit list and the priority category.
For Admissions to Class XI
Admission to Class XI depends upon the stream the student has applied for, the KVS has laid down different rules for different streams. These areas are given below:
- Science Stream: A minimum score of 60% Marks in all subjects.
- Commerce Stream: A minimum score of 55% Marks in all the subjects.
- Humanities Stream: All those students of KV who are successful in the Class X exam.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Reservations for Students
The Kendriya Vidyalaya does not follow any religion wise or caste wise reservation system which is applicable in other institutes. The only exception is that 15% of seats in a KV are reserved for scheduled caste and 7.5% is reserved for scheduled tribes. Apart from this, there are no other caste based reservations for students.
According to the RTE Act 2009 and the Persons With Disabilities (Equal opportunities, protection of rights and full participation) Act 1995, all Kendriya Vidyalaya’s have been directed to reserve 3% of the total seats for or differently abled students.
There is also a reservation of 25% for the economically weaker sections (EWS) of the society during the admission.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Application / Registration Procedure 2020
The Kendriya Vidyalaya Samiti has enumerated several rules and regulations with regard to the procedure to be followed for admissions to the Kendriya Vidyalaya’s. The detailed procedure is given below.
Advertising and Publicity
The regional office of the KVS releases an advertisement regarding the admissions in the Kendriya Vidyalaya in the local newspapers. These advertisements are generally made in the second half of February every year. It is mandatory for the Regional Office to declare that the KVS Admission 2020 is not limited to Government employees but also extended to all. The advertisement should also state the different reservations In the priorities put down by the KVS. The principal of a particular KV can also release a second or third advertisement in case the seats in any particular class do not get filled after the release of the first advertisement.
KVS Registration Procedure 2020 for Applicant
The registration of the student can be accepted only in case there is any vacancy available in the class that the student wishes to apply for. The registrations are accepted only after the Executive Committee of the Vidyalaya gives an approval.
For Admissions to class XI, there has been a different state of rules which are to be followed. According to KVS, the registrations for Class XI begin immediately after the Class X result is declared by the CBSE. It is compulsory for the schools to complete registrations within 20 days after the result is released. In case that the admissions are not completed within this time frame, the KVs can opt for the second advertisement only after approval from the Deputy Commissioner.
KVS Admission Criteria for Non KV Students
If students who have not been studying in Kendriya Vidyalaya seek admission to Class 10th or Class 12th, then they are subjected to admission based on the following criteria:
- The total strength of Class 10 or Class 12 in the Kendriya Vidyalaya must be below 40.
- The student seeking admission should have studied from CBSE affiliated school in the previous standards.
- They must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in Class IX or Class XI.
- The student must be eligible for admission depending on the other KVS admission guidelines set down.
- The particular KV where the student is seeking admission should have the combination of subjects that the student has opted for.
- Students who have passed 10th Class from other State Boards, ICSE or NIOS are eligible for admission to Class XI only in the case of any vacancies.
How to fill KVS School Admission Application Form 2020
The KVS Application Form 2020 is required to be filled online and then you can take a printout and submit to the concerned Kendriya Vidyalaya. There is a lot of information which has to be filled in the application form. Given below are the step by step instructions for filling the form. The KVS 2020 Application Form consists of five different sections under which information is asked. Each section is shown by a different tab in the window. The sections are as follows:
- Basic Information – Here you are required to fill in all the basic details pertaining to the student who is seeking admission. Some parts of this section are pre-filled from the information that you have provided during the sign up on the website. This includes the child’s first name, middle name, last name, and date of birth. Also, the information regarding the child is differently abled or whether they are children or grandchildren of KVS employees is also prefilled. This information cannot be modified in the application form.
- In case the “differently abled” category has been selected during registration, then the student is automatically considered under the Right To Education (RTE) category and you are also required to fill in the category of different disabilities. Some of the categories are physically challenged, visually challenged, autism, hearing impaired among others.
- You are also required to choose the gender of the student and whether or not you are applying in the single girl child category in the basic detail section.
- For taking admission under any reservation, parents must also indicate their income level from the given options. This is required for an application under the EWS or BPL quota. You must also indicate the caste category and choose from the options given such as SC/ ST/ OBC (Non-Creamy Layer). Only selecting the caste or income level will not make anyone eligible for admission under reservation. You must also submit the relevant proofs as given below in the list of documents required.
- In addition to the above, you are also required to select the “Blood Group” of the student in case it is available.
- Parents Details – In this section, you are required to fill in several details pertaining to the mother and father such as title, full name, residential address, nationality, present city of residence among others. In case you are seeking Admission KVS 2020 under any special provisions such as parent’s service, you must enter all the required details pertaining to your service with the relevant authority. For KVS to connect with you, fill in the telephone number of your residence, personal mobile number, and personal email address. Those parents who are working should also add their occupation and name of the organization.
- Remember to click on the “Save Application” button. This will save all the information that you have entered up to this point in your profile. It must, however, be noted that this information is only saved to your profile and not sent to the KVS admission team. You can open the application form at a later stage and edit this information before finally sending it to KVS.
- Choice of Schools – To ensure that the student gets admission to a Kendriya Vidyalaya irrespective of the special provisions and the total number of seats available in a particular KV; the KVS allows parents to simultaneously apply for three Kendriya Vidyalaya at one time. This has been done to ensure that no student is deprived of education on account of failure to secure a place in the school.
- In the third tab present, the parent can make three choices of Kendriya Vidyalaya as per there choice. All these three choices are independent of each other and not in any sequence or priority. Hence the KVS admission team will consider all these three choices of schools at par and independent of each other. However, it is not mandatory to choose three schools when seeking admission. You can choose one school and skip the other two. It is compulsory to select a minimum one school though.
- In this tab, you will be required to enter details such as the state in which the Vidyalaya is located, name and category of the school, radial distance from residence among others. It must be noted that this information has to be filled for each Kendriya Vidyalaya separately while applying.
- Upload Documents – You will be required to upload only two documents online which are birth certificate and photo of the student applying. This must be in .jpeg or .pdf file format and can have a maximum size of 256 KB.
- Declaration and Submit – In the last tab you will have to make a declaration regarding all the information that you have entered in the application form to be true. Accept the declaration and click on the submit button to send your form to the KVS admission team.
- Remember that at the end of each section you will find a button to save the information. It is strongly advised that you save the filled information at each and every step. This will help you protect the data in case of internet or electricity failure during the process.
List of Documents to be attached with the KVS 2020 Application Form:
The following documents are required to be attached along with the registration form.
- The students are required to present their proof of age according to the minimum and maximum age guidelines set for KVS Admission 2020. These are
- For Class I – The birth certificate issued by the competent authority is required as proof of age.
- For Other Classes – The transference certificate issued by the earlier school is a requirement.
- For the grandchildren of Members of Parliament or PSU employees, the proof of relationship document is required. This document should indicate the relationship of either of the child’s parents with the Member of Parliament or PSU employee.
- In case of reservations, the caste certificate or Income Certificate (for BPL quota) should be submitted along with the form.
- Students seeking admission under the differently abled quota should submit the relevant certificate from a civil surgeon or any other competent authority.
- Proof of residence where the child and parents reside is also required.
- The certificate indicating the transfer of parents for the past 7 years is also mandatory
- For children of Ex-servicemen, they are required to present certificate of retirement.
- Kendriya Vidyalaya admission 2020-21
- KVS Admission Application Form 2020
- KVS Admission Priority System for Students Seeking KV Admission 2020
- Kendriya Vidyalaya 2020 Admission Application Fee
- KVS Admission Eligibility Criteria 2020
- Student Age Requirement – Class I to Class X
- Student Age Requirement – Class XI and Class XII
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Selection Procedure 2020
- For Admission to Class I
- For Admissions to Class II to Class VIII
- For Admission to Class IX
- For Admissions to Class XI
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Reservations for Students
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Application / Registration Procedure 2020
- Advertising and Publicity
- KVS Registration Procedure 2020 for Applicant
- KVS Admission Criteria for Non KV Students
- How to fill KVS School Admission Application Form 2020
- List of Documents to be attached with the KVS 2020 Application Form: